Sunday, April 17, 2016

SURRENDER



"When I was a child I often had a toothache and l knew that if I went to my mother she would give me something that would deaden the pain for that night and let me get to sleep. But I did not go to my mother at least not till the pain became very bad I knew she would take me to the dentist the next morning.... I wanted immediate relief from pain, but I could not get it without having my teeth set permanently right." C.S. Lewis from book Mere Christianity.

Like C.S. Lewis, we might not always want to go to God right away when we have a problem or struggling in a certain area. We know that God could provide immediate relief from Our pain however we also know that He is more concerned with dealing with the root of the problem. This causes us to hesitate in fear because we know that God will reveal the issues we are unprepared and unwilling to deal with. It is in times like these when it is helpful to remind ourselves that the Lord "deals with us as with sons" (Hebrews 12:7).

God’s discipline, though perhaps painful, is wise, and His touch is loving. He loves us too much to let us remain as we are; He wants to conform us to the likeness of His Son, Jesus (Romans 8:29).

God's purpose of love can be trusted more than any of our emotions of fear.

Thank you Lord, for showing us our hidden faults, for You treat us as Your dear children. Help us surrender to Your cleansing work till the beauty of Jesus be seen in us.

God's hand of discipline is a hand of love....surrender it all to Him.

Have a blessed and productive week.
Ossie/9.18.14

On Angel Duty
1 year, 1 month, 29 days
115.89% of a common year (365 days)
60 weeks and 3 days
423 days
10,152 hours
609,120 minutes
36,547,200 seconds




2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning!

    My soul rises up to meet you as this day meets the daylight.

    Today, tomorrow, and forever: I will give you honor Father God, I will value your life Jesus, I will cherish our companionship Holy Spirit.

    Another morning nod to be still. The placidness of your presence is where I am learning to flow. My soul is awakening and learning to live. No more give and take for my sake. Simply enhance my talents by your deity design.

    This day balance my stride and guide my steps. Help me see the wonders you want shown. May your peace go with me to share happiness wherever I roam.

    Many thanks!
    Greg Sr.

    ReplyDelete

Blessings and thank you for coming. Please share your love, inspirational story and memory.